We?re Grifols, an international plasma manufacturer headquartered in Barcelona, Spain.? We serve healthcare professionals and patients in over 90 countries, have an unmatched record of product safety, and are the largest plasmapheresis company in the world. We offer full healthcare benefits, tuition reimbursement, and some of our Academy courses even count for college credit!?
If you enjoy providing outstanding customer service in an environment built around teamwork and trust, then consider furthering your career with us as an Operations Supervisor! Please read on . . .?
Expert level skilled specialist that is cross-trained and fully-proficient in all operational areas, including Phlebotomy, Donor Processing and Plasma Processing. Works throughout the center as needed and as directed by management. Acts as a resource and is a designated trainer.
- Maintain the ability to perform any/all tasks within the plasma center; fulfill the role of production employees and supervise donor flow.
- Supervise donor selection, plasma collection and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with Federal and State regulations, with FDA approved.
- Attend all required training sessions, staff meetings, etc.?
- Ensures that accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records is performed.
- Under the guidance of the Center Manager and/or the Assistant Manager, assure facility is maintained in a neat and clean condition and all equipment is kept in good working order.
- Maintains active communication with other service areas to ensure accurate documentation and quality.
- Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
- Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to area lead, supervisor or manager.
- May be trained to repair plasma center equipment.
- Submit timely and accurate reports as required by the Center Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
- Assist in the control of center donor funds as determined by the Center Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
- Assist in the training of new employees and retraining of current employees.
- Assist the Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager in any task necessary in pursuit of company objectives.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Learn and maintain thorough familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Standard Operating Procedure Manual, OSHA, CLIA and cGMP.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certified as a Phlebotomist, Donor Processor, Plasma Processor, and Designated Trainer.
- CPR Certified.?
- Typically requires 4 years of related experience with performing phlebotomy, donor processing, and plasma processing duties with demonstrated proficiency to handle difficult situations.?Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:? Good customer service skills. Proficient in speaking and writing English, with legible handwriting. Where applicable, bi-lingual skills. Ability to understand, explain, and follow SOP?s and protocols. Ability to work flexible scheduling to meet business needs. Ability to perform in a highly-regulated, operations-intensive, high-volume medical business in which the safety of donors and employees, as well as the quality of the plasma collected, are paramount.
Occupational Demands Form # 38:??Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 . Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Work is performed standing for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive foot movements, bends and twists neck and waist for 4-6 hours per day. Occasionally walks. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Light to moderate lifting of 15-30lbs. Heavy lifting of 30-45lbs. for 2-4 hours per day with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach above and below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Performs simple and repetitive tasks that vary little each day by following a set of written or oral instructions/procedures. Maintains work pace to meet production standards.