Michael E. Jones
1621 Devon Drive
Albany GA 31721
- Supply management and logistics expertise
- Experienced in all aspects of safety and process implementation
- Multi-unit Operations management
- Knowledgeable of quality control standards
- Managing purchasing within budget parameters
- Knowledge of 5S methodology
- Process certification for all departments
- Dedication to product quality to meet customers’ needs
- High customer service focused
- Results driven
- Reports generation and analysis
- Financial records and processing
- Training and development
- Computer literate and proficient
Manage total plant operations and logistics while delivering superior customer satisfaction by driving results and exceeding expectations in the key areas of marketing, budgeting, compliance, safety programs, and people management.
- Developed and implemented five year strategic hiring plan to change temporary employees to a long-term stable and reliable workforce.
- In the first month of assuming responsibility as interim operations manager, the plant realized a profit for the first time in the history of that plant and each month thereafter.
- As chairperson with overall responsibility for safety, devised and implemented successful plant safety program incorporating OSHA standards resulting in reduction of workers compensation claims, reduced number of injuries and increasing overall safety awareness.
- Devised and implemented a quality control process resulting in a 97% FPQ (first pass quality) up from 80-85% consistently meeting the customer’s contractual requirement.
- Manage annual revenue budget of $5 million.
On/Off Logistics -- OOL Management Services
(Assumed by: IFCO Systems)
3011-5 Clark Avenue
Albany, GA 31705
OPERATIONS MANAGER (12/08 – 04/13)
- Directs the work for 80 employees, 4 managers, and 2 leads to efficiently meet production requirements.
- Ensure all goals – production, financial, safety and quality – are met each week utilizing daily KPI data.
- P&L responsibility to include analyzing statements and balance sheets for best practices.
- Organize, prioritize and manage plant maintenance, safety and sanitation projects to keep facility safe, efficient and clean.
- Utilized lean logistics to track on-time performance and SAP to track perpetual inventory.
- Conduct all incident reporting with root cause analysis and preventative measures.
- Enforced a culture of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement while providing operational leadership.
- Ensure the standard of the product met the customers’ needs in the most cost efficient manager.
- Completed key projects on time, within budget and with high level of accuracy.
- Contributed to an annual 30% increase in productivity through improvements in operations, quality, safety and administration.
- Reduced annual operating costs by implementing Six Sigma principles.
- Liaised with HR department to establish employee benefits, training payroll and termination procedures.
- Managed payroll, daily reports, and database inventory entry.
- Trained, developed and counseled employees to develop a high performing team.
REPAIR SUPERVISOR (04/08 – 12/08)
- Responsible for all aspects of product production.
- Responsible for the safety, quality and production of 40 employees.
- Ensure product is delivered on time and to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Mastered the intricacies of the process flow within four departments of the operation.
- Coordinated preventative maintenance on existing and new production equipment, including routine calibration.
- Develop JSA’s on each production job and for pertinent equipment.
- Led daily stand-up meetings, events and continuous improvement projects with measurable goals.
- Trained, certified and managed operators for the company’s fleet of six forklifts and yard jockey.
- Assessed and cross-trained personnel for promotions and operational versatility.
- Improved efficiency and productivity by eliminating waste and production constraints.
- Provided excellent customer service by effectively addressing complex situations and resolving problems.
Marketplace Staffing (Procter & Gamble)
2537 Lafayette Plaza
Albany GA 31721
SAFETY COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (06/04 – 09/07)
- Supervised 6 Managers and 82 employees to meet all production goals in a safe and quality environment.
- Responsible for all safety related topics to include training, compliance, and weekly meetings with the customer to discuss preventative measures.
- Managed all OSHA related topics and site audits to meet all guidelines.
- Directly responsible for the safety committee and insure it is functional with full participation.
- Facilitator for the sanitation committee to ensure inspection readiness.
- Implement safety process/culture for the entire plant.
- Compile daily reports to meet requirements of the customer.
- Fill in for the General Manager in the case of absences.
- Liaison to Procter and Gamble for all safety related issues.
- Compile and communicate results of behavior based safety program.
Forklift Certified Creative Problem Solving
First Aid/CPR Trained Conflict Management
OSHA Training Customer Service
HAZWOPER Training Account Management & Expense Control
Facilitator Training Internal Auditing
Hot work Project Management
Leadership Training Weekly Payroll (Electronic)
Account Management Compliance with GMPs
Computer Literate Inventory Management Software
(Microsoft Office Suite) Warehouse Distribution Software
Paine College/Augusta State College
1985 –1989 Major: Mass Communications / Minor: Art
Scholarship Student Athlete
4 Years Starting Forward/Guard and Team Captain
Marcus Shannon – Real Estate Manager (619) 453-3558
Mike Fromme – IFCO Systems General Manager (919) 478-6550
Francine Devine – Kennesaw State Administrator (229) 344-4617