Jo Ann L. Daniel, ACPAR
116 Somerset Drive, Albany, Ga. 31721
Cell (229) 809-2333
I have over 20-years experience working in various medical positions, both in hospitals and physician practices. I am looking for a position where I can utilize my skills and previous positive results while offering me personal challenge and development. I am currently seeking full-time or part-time employment.
AREAS OF STRENGTHS
· Medical terminology and transcription· ICD and CPT trained in 1980· HIPAA trained· Word, Excel and Power Point· Team player with positive working ethics· Excel in organizational skills· Medical Assisting to include surgical sterile technique, sterilization, assisting in surgical cases
In 1980 I worked for Walter L. Erhardt, Jr., M.D. as a medical assistant as well as processed insurance claims to include prior approval letters for reconstructive procedures.
March 22, 2004 to Premier Orthopedics, P.C.
August 20, 2013 2405 Osler Court
Albany, Georgia 31707
· Administrative Assistant to Administrator to include maintain confidential files on all levels of providers. · CAQH updates and recredentialing of various insurance
· Create and maintain monthly financial reports.· Scheduled practice partner meetings and prepared agenda.· Maintain inventory of business office and janitorial supplies. Price compared services and products in attempt to reduce overhead.· Scanned documents into the EMR system.
· Open office mail and distribute· Prepare monthly Orthopedic on call schedule· Release of medical records for physicians, attorneys and patients.
Reason for leaving: Reduction in workforce due to loss of two medical
Providers, one left practice and one recently deceased.
2001-2003 Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
Business Office Manager
· Managed a staff of 40 employees to include billers,
collectors, customer service and cash application.
· Responsible for managing hospital accounts receivable.
Establish A/R days.
· Prepare department budget, implement policies/procedures
under direction of assistant VP of Business Affairs.
· Training, reviewing productivity and perform yearly
1995-2001 Humana Military Healthcare Services – Tricare
Senior Provider Education Relations Representative
· I was involved in setup of the Tricare program in Region 4 including a territory of 18 counties.· Liaison for southwest Georgia network· Schedule and conduct semi-annual Tricare seminars.· Development and maintain provider files, contracting and credentialing. Prepare monthly reports for corporate office.
ACCREDITATION: Advanced certified patient account representative (ACPAR) thru the Healthcare Financial Management Association
VOLUNTEER: October 2013 – to present: Lily Pad SANE Center Inc.
320 W Second Avenue
REFERENCES Beverly Wilford 432-2136
Stanley Moye, M.D. 889-1021
Vickie Burnham, R.N. 349-3960